Community, Collaboration and Pedagogy
Catalina works collaboratively with artists and organisations to enable and support the professional development, visibility and value of contemporary artistic practice and art education in Oxford.
Art Critique sessions open to all. At the Artists' Salon we use peer feedback to develop our work through close observation and critical thinking. Presenting work and taking part in the discussion is optional. Artists are invited to bring a piece of work at any level of completion to take part in discussion in an informal and relaxed atmosphere. Artists and observers are welcome.
- Founding member of art-sauce (2021 to present)
- Member of Ovada programming team (2019 - 2020)
- Member of MAS exhibition programming group (2018 - 2021)
- Artist Trustee at Magdalen Road Studios (2017 - 2021)
Associate member at Ovada
Studio Artist at Magdalen Road Studios
- Horde are an Oxford based contemporary artist collective pooling together knowledge and expertise to exhibit as a group
- ARTeC, an Artist Teacher Collective, who have exhibited with the 'Forces' suffix around Oxford. ARTeC came together as a result of the Artist Teacher Scheme MA in Education programme at Oxford Brookes University. The artists in the collective come from a range of backgrounds and professional educational settings and this diversity is reflected in their work. To find out more visit the blog links below. https://artecollective.wordpress.com/ and https://resistantforces.wordpress.com/
Art education is an integral part of Catalina's practice, as a way of sharing a common language. Teaching alongside making art validates the language and its participants. Catalina is interested in art education in a broad sense and has gained experience at all educational phases, from early years to adult education, in equally diverse settings.
- Guest Artist for Creative Learning Project: City as Studio, Modern Art Oxford (March 2022)
- Tutor of Experimental Drawing art-sauce (2021 to present)
- Vocational Trainer at City of Oxford College (2019 to present)
- Art Club leader at Oxford High School Pre-prep (2015 to present)
- Tutor of Experimental Drawing Ovada (2019 - 2021)
- Associate Lecturer, 'Arts and Cultural Learning' undergraduate module at Oxford Brookes University (2019)
- Tutor at Banbury and Bicester College (2018)
- Craft Club leader at St Andrews School C of E (2011 - 2019)
- Craft and Rhymetime leader, Headington Library (2011 - 2014)